[email protected] EUROPEAN JOURNAL FOR LITERATURE, CULTURE AND ENVIRONMENT
CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST: CREATIVE WRITING AND ARTS EDITOR
The holder of the position will be responsible for the Creative Writing and Visual Arts section of the journal. They will solicit and promote creative art submissions, as well as be responsible for receiving and accepting/rejecting all creative art submissions (writing and visual arts). They will edit submissions, or request help with editing (for instance if the submission is in a language they are not familiar with). They will organize the section and write a brief introduction for each issue. (N.B. Issues are published twice a year, in spring and autumn.) They will choose the cover image, in liaison with the guest editor of the themed section. Each issue should feature 2-3 creative writers and 2-3 visual artists. Contributors may be represented with 3-5 pieces of work (poems, photographs), or a longer piece (e.g. a short story). Languages of writing can be English, Spanish, French, Italian or German. N.B. This position is unpaid, as are the other positions on the [email protected] Editorial Board.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Contributing to a quality journal and gaining editing experience.
• Working at home, in your preferred time frame, having only to meet the journal’s production
deadlines in spring and autumn.
• Working with a dynamic international team, strongly committed to the environmental
humanities in a virtual environment.
• Participating in a relatively young and expanding project with room for creativity and new
• Corresponding with environmentally committed creative writers and artists, and learning
about environmental writing and art.
WHAT WE NEED:
• An active and committed person, and a team player, preferably willing to begin work
immediately and assume full responsibility for the Autumn 2018 issue.
• Knowledge and experience working with the creative arts, either as an academic, a critic or as
a practitioner of writing and/or visual arts, photography, painting, etc., and the ability to make
judgements about the quality of submissions to the journal.
• Contacts with other artists (or at least the possibility of developing contacts, for instance by
attending ecocriticism and other conferences).
• Excellent command of English and preferably knowledge of another of the following
languages, at least at a working level: Spanish, French, German, Italian.
• A person willing to learn to manage the virtual platform (OJS)
• A minimum two-year commitment to the journal (preferably longer)